This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are looking for things to do in California in the fall, you are in luck. Whether you are a California native or looking to take a road trip or fall getaway, there are many activities and festivals to take part in during the fall season.
In the fall months of September through November, the crowds tend to die down as the tourists end their summer vacations and go home. Plus, fall in parts of California has beautiful scenery with areas that are full of vibrant colors and weather that is much more welcoming. Combining all these things it what makes California a great place to enjoy or travel to during the fall season.
Visit Your Local Pumpkin Patches
No matter what area of California you are visiting or living in, there is always a great pumpkin patch to visit.
Pumpkin patches offer everything you love about fall in one place. They are often family-owned and operated which makes them such a wonderful place to visit. Pumpkin patches are full of activities and experience the whole family can enjoy.
- The Cool Patch Pumpkins in Dixon, CA is home to a unique and fun corn maze, hayrides, live entertainment, and more.
- Half Moon Bay, California is home to various fall activities, pumpkin patches, and outdoor fun for fall.
Enjoy the Fall Festivals
Festivals are the heart of the fall season. Like the pumpkin patches, they offer a wide variety of activities for kids and adults. Festivals may have even more activities and different attractions that may entice you to go.
- The Great Annual Pumpkin Festival is just shy of an hour east of San Diego and runs through October. You can take a trip through the olive tree maze or visit the spooky pumpkin patch with friends and family.
- The Great Pumpkin Fest in Santa Clara, California is a wonderful festival to visit with the family. Activities like a foam pit, hay maze, coloring station, and special Halloween activities will allow you to make memories that will last a lifetime.
Visit a National Park
National Parks are often busy throughout the summer months but thin out during the fall. During the fall, the weather is often cooler and makes visiting the parks more enjoyable. California has more national parks than any other state, but here are just a few worth visiting.
- Home of a large beautiful redwood forest, the Avenue of the Giants is a majestic place to visit during the fall season. Enjoy a day of hiking, taking a beautiful scenic drive, or other great outdoor activities and experiences.
- Yosemite National Park is a well-known iconic national park and for good reason. The park offers families access to trails, waterfalls, wildlife, and other amazing opportunities to get close with nature.
- Sequoia National Park will allow you to experience ancient forests that are sure to amaze, canyons, rivers, and more.
Fall in California brings beautiful weather and foliage for you to enjoy. Outdoor activities are abundant and will allow the family to get out and enjoy a little air while taking part in activities and fun experiences.